If you've been in a car accident, it can be a good idea to have a chiropractor check you for injuries. Not only can chiropractic care help treat aches and pains, but it can also help you to properly heal from any injuries you've suffered. Located in Portland, OR, Alternative Health Care Chiropractic can help provide you with chiropractic relief.
Common Injuries after a Car Accident
When you drive, your vehicle produces kinetic injury. If your car collides with another vehicle or object, that energy can be transferred to your body, which can put your body under extreme stress. While auto accidents can injure your body in a number of ways, commonly seen injuries include:
- Whiplash: This is a neck injury caused by the rapid back-and-forth movement of the head during a crash.
- Spinal Injuries: Collisions can put stress on the spine, leading to injuries. Subluxations and slipped discs can happen.
- Shoulder injuries: The shoulder joint and the rotator cuff can also be injured during accidents. Bruising or swelling around the shoulder might happen as well.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Your ligaments, muscles, and tendons can all be injured in an accident. These injuries are painful and can also leave you with stiff muscles.
Signs and Symptoms of Injuries
The injuries that occur during an accident aren't always obvious right away. In fact, some people do not get treatment because they assume they haven't been injured. The pain almost always occurs alongside injuries, but other symptoms to watch for include:
- Pain or tenderness that worsens with movement
- Restricted range of motion
- Muscle weakness
- Numbness or tingling
- Chronic headaches
How a Chiropractor Can Treat Your Injury
Chiropractors specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, including injuries caused by car accidents. When you visit our chiropractor, he will thoroughly evaluate your symptoms and determine the extent of your injuries.
Your treatment will be personalized to meet your needs and help you to heal. Chiropractic adjustments are commonly used in treatment. In addition to manipulating the spine, our chiropractor may adjust other joints to realign them and remove mobility restrictions. This can also help alleviate pain, reduce swelling, and promote healing.
Soft tissue injuries may be treated with soft tissue therapy. Our chiropractor may also use stretches and exercises to help you rehabilitate and build muscle strength. The overall goal is to help you recover as quickly as possible so that you can get back to your normal activities.
Get Chiropractic Relief for Your Car Accident Injury
Make sure you get the care you need after your accident. Chiropractic adjustments and other interventions can help promote healing and help alleviate your symptoms while you recover. Visit Alternative Health Care at our location in Portland, OR, if you're ready to start care. Call us at (503) 761-9648 for more information about your car accident injury.